Overview of the Diploma of Clinical Hypnosis & Psychotherapy courses Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney & Melbourne
The Diploma of Clinical Hypnosis and Psychotherapy is an evidence-based course. Research suggests that Clinical Hypnotherapy can help individuals cope with emotional and mental health issues. More evidence is in support of hypnotherapy helping clients cope with pain, stress, anxiety, weight loss and more.
Our hypnotherapy training adopts an integrative approach to hypnotherapy. This means you will learn various approaches and techniques from different schools of thought. You will be exposed to a ‘brain plasticity’ perspective. Hypnotherapy changes brains!
Hypnotherapy plays a part in mind and body healing. An Australian university is researching the effects of using clinical hypnotherapy with irritable bowel syndrome and irritable bowel disease patients.
Our training is offered in Australia and overseas. In 2016 Glynis Bretherton was invited to teach overseas two to three times a year. Students are from UK, India and Dubai.
The Diploma is facilitated as blended learning, student-cantered approach. This creates an excellent learning experience. Students can interact with each other, with the lecturer, tutors, and assessors. Course content is through a thoughtful integration of online and face-to-face environments.
Hypnotherapy is integrated with various modalities of psychotherapy. This combination provides the clinical hypnotherapist with more skills and techniques to deal with client issues.
Hypnotherapy Training College - Australia is recognised and approved by the three leading associations in Australia.
✔️Australian Hypnotherapists Association
✔️Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists
✔️Australian Council of Australia
The course fee is very reasonable!
Do I need to study a government-accredited course?
We have chosen not to become accredited by the government; therefore, we can keep our fees lower. Simply put, we don’t have to pay government fees for accreditation. At this moment in time government accreditation of hypnotherapy is in question. Are courses claiming to be government accredited a reality?! Be mindful, to be a Clinical Hypnotherapist, and be able to go into private practice it is important to have a course which is recognized and approved by the leading associations. As mentioned previously, Hypnotherapy Training College is approved and recognized.
Hypnotherapy Training College - Australia is a private college. HTCA specializes in the Clinical Hypnotherapy education. We have done so since 2017.
Our Hypnosis Course Features
- Student-centered approach to teaching.
- Support and interactive contact with tutors, lectures, and assessors.
- Dynamic face-to-face learning.
- No more than 12 students in each classroom.
- Real life case studies and real-life experience.
- Easy to read course material.
- No exams, only answering questions and written assignments.
- Focus on practical experience
- Approved and Recognised
- Payment plans available
- Graduate support program
The course fee is very reasonable. Our lecturers are passionate about the profession and dedicated to developing high standards of hypnotherapy among practitioners.
Yes, we do offer recognised Prior Learning credits. Contact us for more information.
Course delivery (each unit is not limited to the subject matter below)
Unit 1. Understanding different theories of hypnosis
- History of Hypnosis
- Individualist theories
- Traditional theories
- The working mind
- Conscious, subconscious, pre-conscious and critical function
- Real life case studies
- Brain waves states
- Elements of trance
- Common trance behaviors
Unit 2. Understanding the hypnotic experience
- The science behind hypnosis
- Introduction to the changes in the brain while in a trance
- Changes to memory
- Voice and tone
- Hypnotic setting
- A confident hypnotherapist
- Knowledge of approaches
- Responses to hypnotic phenomena
- Setting up of a clinical hypnotherapy session
- Forms and questionnaires to use for your practice
Unit 3. Working within a hypnotherapy framework
- The first session
- Follow-up sessions
- Skills and techniques for therapeutic use
- Suggestibility testing
- Various inductions
- Various Convincers
- Types of suggestions
- Post-hypnotic suggestions
- Emerging from trance
Unit 4. Hypnotherapy script work, patter and script writing
- Therapeutic metaphors, stories and hidden meanings
- Skills and techniques of script writing
- Working with:
- Stop smoking
- Weight loss
- Performance in sport and work
- Do and don’t if/when working with mental illness
Unit 5. Age regression, progression and future work
- Case studies
- Identifying age regression
- Approaches to age regression and progression
- Body Talk
- Inner adult and inner child healing
Unit 6. Introduction to Disruptive Behavioural Technique – developed by Glynis Bretherton
- Understanding patterns of behaviour
- Therapeutic skills and techniques to disrupt negative patterns of behaviour
- Secondary gain behaviours
- Eliciting information to gain insight to negative behaviours
- Analytical clients and Non-analytical clients
Unit 7. Counselling, self-development, self-care and supervision
- Reflective and review upon your practices and skills as a clinical hypnotherapist
- Learn to evaluate your style of therapy
- Self-appreciation, self-respect and appreciation of others
- Seeking advice and supervision
- 7 steps to set specific goals for self-development
- 30 practices for a better therapist
- Learn to access your strengths and need for improvement
- Working within a supervisor and supervisee relationship
- Learn industry standards and requirements
Unit 8. Legal and ethical responsibilities
- Ethical practices
- Duty of care
- Basic human rights
- Client and therapist safely
- Risk prevention
Unit 9. Hypnotherapy counselling framework
- Active listening skills
- Interviewing skills
- Questioning techniques
- Using a scale
- Utilising client strengths and resources
- Reflection of feelings
- Gathering of more information
- Listening to the client story and eliciting information to develop suggestions
- Identify ‘at risk’ clients
- Identify situations for further referral
- Methods of referring
- Developing and building client and therapist relationship
- Steps in solid and positive counselling
- 7 steps to close a session
Unit 10 and 11 Practical experience in class (not limited to these topics)
Learn to integrate hypnosis with psychotherapy. This list is not limited to:
- Clinical practice best practice
- Covering issues:
- Bed Wetting
- Pain Management
- Alcohol, gambling, drugs
- Stop smoking
- weight loss/ food addiction
- Age regression
- What mental illness NOT to work with
- Inner child and adult technique
- Practicing using hypnosis in class.
- Using correct voice, pacing, tone, language
- How to create unique suggestions for each unique client
- Real life case studies
STOP SMOKING AND REALLY LIVE!
· Easy system to follow
· A brief therapy
· Help change a society of smokers into non-smokers
· Sense of achievement
· Use to build a private practice business model.
You will receive:
· Consent form
· Client handouts
· Scripts “what to say to the client during the interview’
· Hypnotic scripts
· A complete practitioner guide